A global mechatronics solution
Created in 1977 from the family business ATH (Hydraulic Technical Applications), and from a dynamic external growth strategy initiated in the early 2000s, the HYD&AU Group (Hydraulic & Automation) is a French mid-cap company with 330 employees and a 56 M€ turnover (in 2018). The hydraulic division includes the companies : HYD&AU FLUID, HYD&AU AFRICA and HYD&AU LUXEMBOURG; automation division : SAMELEC and AR TECHMAN and the cylinder division : HYD&AU VÉRINS.
Chaired by David COUILLANDEAU, HYD&AU occupies a leading position in the field of hydraulics on its national territory. Its businesses are grouped into three activities :
- studies, design
- assembly of hydraulic systems
- making didactic benches
- sale of components: hydraulics, filtration, instrumentation
- services: maintenance, repair and fluid control
- training on educational benches, simulation software
- manufacturing of drilled blocks (definition and machining)
- design and construction of electrical, industrial cabinets, automation design
- Designing and building complete industrial equipment and processes
- design and manufacture of mobile road trailers
- design and manufacture of welded cylinders, steel, stainless steel
- design, manufacturing, running, drilling and metal coating of hydraulic cylinders on plan (ISO 6022 – 6020/1 – 3320) for TP and mining
The history of HYD&AU in a few key dates
Acquisition of SAMELEC, which specializes in electrical cabinets and industrial automation. The “control control” function is integrated within the Group, it marks the beginning of the Automation activity alongside the historic hydraulic branch. Very quickly, intragroup synergies develop with complete systems combining hydraulics and automation.
The offfer is evolving nationally with the acquisition of FLUIDAP (hydraulic specialist) and the integration of AR TECHMAN (special machine designer) into the Automation business. Nine new national locations are complementing existing ones in the South-West.
A strong development ambition is affirmed and materialized through a unique and global offer of mechatronics solutions, with the aim of achieving by 2020, an export volume of between 25 and 50% of total turnover.
The hydraulic activity is structured around the HYD&AU FLUID brand. Specific regional expertise in hydraulics is asserted with the specialization of sites on different trades. Two first hydraulic agencies offer an offer in Automation.